Having a good set of knives is an essential part of every kitchen. If you are a chef or a culinary kitchen lover, then organizing knives is as crucial for you as cooking. Storing knives in a drawer can damage the blades of the knife. Therefore, you need to consider the following factors when choosing the right place to organize your knives.
Wooden knife racks are a great way of saving on kitchen space while adding appealing aesthetics to your kitchen, which it deserves. They are convenient, easy to use, and allows you to quickly choose your required knife when you need it.
These wooden knife racks are easy to install as well.
Mounting knives on the walls is one of the most preferred methods of knife storage by chefs and culinary experts. These are a few reasons why you might also consider using one:
- It looks great and doesn’t take up any counter space like the larger and heavier knife blocks.
- A wall-mounted knife rack makes it easy to find the knife of your choice.
- It keeps your kitchen knives sharper.
- You can hang knives of different sizes in order.
- It keeps the edges sharp and rust-free.
- The knife rack is child-friendly and keeps the blades out of your children’s reach.
- You don’t want the knife handles to be dangling as they are with the magnetic knife racks, where you might bump them and accidentally knock a knife off and have it come tumbling down on your foot.
Wood River Crafts wooden knife racks are made of solid hard wood in the good old ’USA, right here in Rhode Island.Sizes are customizable but are typically 1 5/8” thick x 4” wide x 16” long, a knife slot of 1/8” (fits regular kitchen knifes) with an option for one 1/4” slot that fits a large chef’s knife, and have “key hole” slots routed in the back for easy installation.